Gardening : Cephalocereus senilis - Old Man Cactus [in my garden]

Cephalocereus senilis  - Old Man Cactus  [in my gadren]
Cephalocereus senilis  - Old Man Cactus
[in my garden]
Photos by Tatjana Dimitrijevic [ me :o) ]
Cephalocereus senilis gets the common name of old man cactus from the bristly white hairs that cover it. It is found growing wild in rocky areas in Central Mexico and so enjoys good drainage. 

Cephalocereus senilis  - Old Man Cactus  [in my gadren]
Cephalocereus senilis  - Old Man Cactus  [in my gadren]
Plant in cactus compost with added grit and grow in a well-lit spot. Water moderately during the growing season and give a low-nitrogen liquid feed once a month. 
During the winter, keep completely dry and move to a cooler spot, away from radiators which may cause it to carry on growing when it should be resting.

Cephalocereus senilis  - Old Man Cactus  [in my gadren]
Cephalocereus senilis  - Old Man Cactus  [in my garden]
Plant in cactus compost with added grit and grow in a well-lit spot. Water moderately during the growing season and give a low-nitrogen liquid feed once a month. 
During the winter, keep completely dry and move to a cooler spot, away from radiators which may cause it to carry on growing when it should be resting. 
Its pink flowers are produced in summer, although you may not notice them as they only appear at night.

Cephalocereus senilis  - Old Man Cactus  [in my gadren]
Cephalocereus senilis  - Old Man Cactus
 [in my garden]

Family: Cactaceae
Genus: Cephalocereus
Species: senilis
Plant type: Cactus or succulent

Flower colour: Pink
Feature: Flowers
Sun exposure: Full sun
Soil: Well-drained/light, Dry, Sandy
Hardiness: Half hardy
Skill level: Beginner
Height: 1200cm
Spread: 200cm
Time to plant seeds: March to April

Source: Gardeners' word.com

 It was my first cactus and I didn't know how to PLANT it.
Then ... I find very usefull video How to Plant Cacti & Succulents
I havn't garden but principle is the same.
I hope it will be usefull to you , too.
Good luck ! 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar

Thanks for comment...
Enjoy Life!